General Information about West Middle School
West Middle School
Board of Education: 767-8000
Principal: Stacey Sattre firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin LaRue – 7th Grade email@example.com
Cathy Bible – 6th Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
· School hours 8:05 - 3:10
· Drop off and pick up students in front of the building (Grand Avenue) or between Lincoln Elementary and West Middle School.
· Students go to the auditorium on cold and rainy days during lunch
· The computer assigns teams - grades, sending school, or electives do not determine team placement
· Shuttle buses run to and from West daily to all elementary sites and East, transportation 767-8088
· Parent Access is available for parents to check grades, attendance and discipline. You may enroll before May at your elementary site or after May at West Middle School.
· Teams teachers meet daily and will gladly meet with parents during those times. Call the office to schedule appointments.
· Progress or report cards are sent home with the students every three weeks.
· Cafeteria personnel will be present during enrollment to answer questions and set up the lunch accounts for students.
· Specific dates will be given in August, however, your child will receive a progress report or report card every three weeks.
Opportunities for Parental Involvement
· Completion of the enrollment process, serve as West Middle School guides, assist with locker combinations
· Attend Back To School Night
· Student/Parent Conferences- or at your convenience when scheduled through the office ( October and February )
· Help with the Book Fair (dates to be determined)
· Eat lunch with your child and/or visit his/her classes
· Attend student recognition programs (Wildcat Way, awards assemblies, Geography bee, concerts)
· Assist with state testing as a monitor
· Become a reading mentor
· Sponsor field trips/team activities
· Sign up for Parent Access